Friday, December 12, 2014

Title TK. - First Post

Title TK. is my attempt at a music blog.  The name is a reference to my favorite Breeders record (to date) and also a printing shorthand for more "To come", commonly abbreviated "TK." and used to note that additional material will be added at a later date.



I hope to make lists...I love music lists. 

I'll convert "Greatest Hits" records to "Best Songs" records.  

I'll do reviews of old albums that I overlooked or disliked when they came out, but have come to love later in life (Jesus and Mary Chain catalog).  

I'll make lists of most overrated records of all time (Pet Sounds, Harvest).  

I'll debunk/edit in track changes mode record critics reviews of the past that missed the mark (Rolling Stone on the Zep). 

There will be mid-1970s to early 1980s soft rock head to head death matches (think England Dan and John Ford Coley vs. Bob Welch). 

There will be on-going list of best uses of the F word in songs (I call this my "elegant fuck" series).  

I'll get into the best seconds of a song that I hate (think solos, bass lines, backing vocals of otherwise suspect songs).  

And of course band album rankings from best to worst...you get the idea.

More than anything, I want to log my thoughts on music and how it has impacted my life as a Gen-X listener who lived through the vinyl, 8-track, cassette, cd, mp3 and digital era at the end of convergence of the 20th and 21st Centuries.  The death of K-SHE, MTV and cool radio and the onset of every song ever made available in 3 clicks.  


The internet has a weird connection in music and I hope to document my decisions and outlooks on music/life for my kids and those close to me that love music as much as I do to look back on when they inherit my records, tapes, cd's and iTunes account.  

There's a reason I never got rid of that Monks of Doom and Lounge Lizards record...I'll get that too...albums I can't throw away.


Thanks for reading.

1 comment: